FAQs Regarding the CrewID™ System
- Who is eligible to enroll in the CrewID™ Badging System? Companies that are in good business standing and are able to pass the vetting process can provide a CrewID™ badge to anyone who the administrator determines needs the company credential.
- Will my Safety 1st credentials display on the CrewID™ site? If you have a CrewID™ badge and your company has transitioned to the new Safety 1st training platform, the badge holder may connect their CrewID™ and Safety 1st accounts to display the credentials/ebadges on the CrewID™ site.
- As a private pilot who does not work for a company, can I order this badge? All badge holders must be associated with a company that has passed the vetting process. Companies that may be eligible include: sole proprietorships, LLCs, partnerships, etc.
- How long does the vetting process take? The vetting process takes between 3-5 business days as long as the requested documentation is received in a timely manner.
- What does the company vetting process involve? For NATACS clients, additional vetting is not required. If you are a new client, you must register your company through the CrewID™ website to initiate the vetting process. This process ensures your company’s identity and validity in accordance with appropriate authorities. It also establishes a point person responsible within your organization.
- Is there a limit to the number of employees who can be enrolled? There is no limit.
- How many administrators can I assign to our company account? Two is recommended, but please refer to the End User License Agreement (EULA).
- Can my employee pay for their own badge? The employer can order/pay and then be reimbursed by the employee, typically through a payroll deduction.
- Do deactivated badges need to be returned to CrewID™? This includes terminated and expired badge holders. Yes, the CrewID™ badge is property of CrewID™. All badges must be returned or attestation completed. Contact our customer service department for the required form. If the badge is not returned, that person will not be issued a badge under any company by CrewID™ until satisfactory resolution of the prior badge.
- Does CrewID™ provide me discounts at restaurants, hotels, etc. when traveling? If the establishment currently participates in crewmember benefits or discounts, this badge may qualify you to receive the benefits and/or discounts.
- What trainings can I access through CrewID™? Currently, CrewID™ offers DHS Blue Lightning Initiative (BLI) Training and Security Awareness Training at no cost to all enrolled employees.
- Do I have to be a CrewID™ badge holder to access training? All employees within your CrewID™ account can access the free training modules without holding a CrewID™ badge.